Position ➡️ Restaurant General Manager
- Location: Doha, Qatar
- Position Type: Management
- Contract type: Unlimited
- Basic Salary: Riyals
- Gender: Open
The General Manager is responsible of taking an Entrepreneurial Approach to Driving the Restaurant Business, Managing Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations and Fostering an Environment that Creates Exciting and Memorable Guest Experiences
An Outlet General Manager plays a significant role in maximizing financial performance and attracting hotel and non-hotel guests by understanding the local market and partnering with the culinary leadership to effectively position the outlet. Supervises daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
Skills & Experience
- H High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- Oversees the restaurant marketing plan in partnership with the either the Hotel General Manager/ Manager or Director of Operations and Hotel/Brand Marketing teams including Destination Restaurant Chef, if applicable.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for restaurant events.
- Supervises and manages employees.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
- Manages day-to-day operations so that customer expectations of quality and standards are meet on a daily basis.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants..
- Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Actively participates in the hiring process to identify the right talent to support the outlet’s concept.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and encourages employees do the same within the team.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Resident Visa
- Basic Salary
- Housing Allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Family Status
- Private insurance
- Yearly ticket
- 21 calendar days’ vacation/Yearly