Position ➡ Head Sushi Chef
We are looking for a Head Sushi Chef with strong background in top Japanese style restaurants in major cities. Great opportunity for a creative, talented and hard-working Head Sushi Chef to be part of this amazing team.
As a Sushi Chef you should be able to prepare sushi dishes in accordance with food health and safety regulations and restaurant standards. The Sushi Chef’s responsibilities include preparing traditional Japanese sushi rice, chopping, slicing, and filleting various kinds of fish, and placing orders for supplies as needed. You should also be able to customize customers’ orders according to preferences and food allergy considerations. To be successful as a Sushi Chef, you should ensure that all ingredients used in dishes are of the highest quality. Ultimately, an exceptional Sushi Chef should work well under pressure and maintain restaurant standards during busy periods.
- Expertly cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish.
- Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the Executive Chef when quality is sub-standard.
- Preparing various types of sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety.
- Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination.
- Regularly taking inventory of food supplies and other products.
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty.
- Sterilizing all utensils, instruments, and equipment used in sushi preparation before every use.
- Communicating with wait staff to ensure that special requests and food allergy considerations are met.
✅ Experience in well renowned culinary concepts and famous restaurant chains.
✅ Experience in managing, mentoring & inspiring a large team of multi-cultural staff.
✅ Gulf experience is a must.
✅ New opening experience is beneficial.
- Flight Ticket at the beginning and end of contract.
- Resident Visa.
- Flight tickets
- Medical Insurance.