Position ➡️ Commis Chef
We are looking for a Commis Chef to join our team and support the Kitchen team. The Commis Chef role is essential in ensuring our dishes are made to specification, whilst certifying the health and hygiene standards. The team at all levels will rely on you to ensure they have the correct preparation needed to deliver the service.
As a Commis Chef you are responsible to take care of the daily food preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities.
Skills & Experience
- Know-How (for all levels).
- Able to relate to people in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
- Works as part of a team supporting and assisting team members where posible.
- Contributes to the team by performing to a high standard in all tasks.
- Prepares dishes according to brand standards consistently never deviating from the récipe.
- Controls portions and always thinks about the cost to the business.
- Responsible for the hygienic preparation, safe cooking and quality presentation of each dish within the restaurant’s menu. Chefs at Commis level are considered the work force within the kitchen and take directions from the CDP, Demi or Sous Chef (Head Chef).
- Run assigned stations within the restaurant and prepare dishes daily as well as perform preparation tasks and stock control.
- Ensure the restaurant back of house cleanliness is maintained to a high standard and that all health and hygiene policies are followed.
- Must have cutting and preparation skills, be able to understand the importance of portion controls and have impeccable standards when it comes to food presentation.
- Menu and ingredient knowledge are essential and Commis chefs must be able to cook dishes to the prescribed methods in a consistent manner.
- Flight Ticket at the beginning and end of contract.
- Resident Visa.
- Accommodation: Shared room in shared apartment.
- Transportation: Bus from and to work provided
- Flight tickets / yearly
- Medical Insurance.
- 1 meal on duty included.
- 30 Vacations days Yearly.