Position → Chef de partie – Pastry
- Contract type: Unlimited
- Location: Doha, Qatar
- Basic Salary: QAR
- Gender: Open
We are looking for a passionate Pastry Chef de partie, willing to be in charge of the daily operation in the assigned kitchens to meet the expected standards , fully in-charge of the pastry & Bakery production at Hospitality Development company.
- Have full knowledge of all menus being offered in the respective kitchen at any one time
- Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Make sure all pastries and bakery is prepared by recipes designated by the restaurant.
- Checks daily time sheet is correctly filled at the section, prepare a weekly roster and keeps overtime to a minimum
- Foster positive thinking and motivation with peers & subordinates by giving active assistance on more efficient ways of running the kitchens
- Always be aware of the pastry industry trends
- Assists the Executive Chef to control labor budget in the kitchen.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Executive Chef.
- Observes on daily basis the overall kitchen work, checks operational standards and difficulties and follow them up with the Executive chef
- Make careful use of safety equipment, such as gloves, hairnets, chain mail and shoes.
Skills & Experience
- Associate (Degree/Diploma), apprenticeship in Hospitality or restaurant management or related field OR High school graduate with additional 2 years experience on top of the minimum required experience for the position.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience within hospitality or related industry.
- Ensure full cooperation with all other service colleagues and departments
- Good communication skills.
- Good command of written and verbal English.
- Planning and Organizing
- Time Management
- Flight ticket at the beginning and end of the contract.
- Resident Visa.
- Shared room in shared apartment.
- 1 meal on duty included.
- Transportation to and from work.
- Yearly flight ticket.
- Medical Insurance.