POSITION ⇒ CHEF DE CUISINE
- Contract type: Unlimited
- Location: Doha, Qatar
- Basic Salary: QAR
- Nationality: European
Accountable for the quality, consistency and production of the restaurant kitchen. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Coordinates menus, purchasing, staffing and food preparation for the property’s restaurant. Works with team to improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Develops and trains team to improve results.
We are looking for a Chef de cuisine specialized in European Cuisine, who strives to provide excellent service above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention. Will be in charge of the day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis. Able to work hard to improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed. A Chef de Cuisine supervises and manages restaurant kitchen employees, understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met for Restaurant
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions for restaurant.
- Supervises restaurant kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Assists in developing daily and seasonal menu items for the restaurant.
- Determines how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Establishing and Maintaining Restaurant Kitchen Goals
- Participates in training restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
Experience & Skills
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area. OR 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
- 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Experience in well renowned restaurant chain
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service, using interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Leads shift teams while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Ability to coach, mentor and help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Flight ticket at the beginning and end of the contract.
- Resident Visa.
- Accommodation allowance
- On duty meals.
- Transportation allowance
- Flight tickets yearly
- Medical Insurance.